Seasons greetings everyone!
Here’s something light and jolly for the Christmas holidays — perhaps best reserved for when you’re completely bored out of your mind! (You can only eat so many mince pies.)
I’ve listed ten food and drink related facts about me; but one of them is a bit of a fib. See if you can guess which is the porky, and leave your answer in the comments below.
I can’t really think of a suitable prize for the cleverest deducers, but I may get them to help me decide which recipes to film in the New Year for Monk’s Modern Medieval Cuisine.
- I have three times made myself ill cooking for Monk’s Modern Medieval Cuisine.
- I drank cocktails with Sir Lancelot.
- I started a pastry fight in my cookery class at school.
- I have held in my hand the oldest copy of King Richard II’s cookery book.
- I once dressed as Queen Wealhtheow, serving mead, whilst teaching Beowulf at the University of Manchester.
- I have been in a pop video drinking bubbly.
- I sat down to drinks and nibbles with the White Witch of Narnia.
- I have dined at a MasterChef winner’s restaurant.
- I have eaten medieval cheesecake.
- I have eaten 14th-century French tarts whilst dressed in an authentic 11th-century English monk’s habit.